How To Make Excellent Glow In The Dark Slime
Glow in the dark slime is a favorite among many kids the use of slime is purely for fun and hacking how to make glow in the dark slime is actually easy.
The methods of making slime have changed with time and with each passing year; the methods are becoming more simplified. This allows for a wide variety of slime to be made and the kids are having a field day making them. This article will focus on How to make slime that glows in the dark.
What you will need;
- Warm water
- Elmer glue
- Epsom Salt
- Glow in the dark paint
- Mixing bowl
- Dissolve the Epsom salt in the warm water and continuously stir to ensure the Epsom salt has completely dissolved.
- Add the Elmer’s glue and continue stirring. The Elmer’s glue is the best since it does not react with many people and it is safe to use around kids.
- Carefully add the glow in the dark paint and continue stirring.
- When the desired consistency is achieved stop stirring.
This is the most basic method of making the the glow in the dark slime. It is an easy method that the kids can take part in.
Method 2 (Borax)
What you will need;
- Mixing bowl,
- Warm water in a cup,
- clear liquid glue,
- Glow in the dark paint,
- Pour the water into the mixing bowl.
Add 4 ounces of the glue and make sure you are using clear liquid glue. This is to ensure that the slime color will be more pronounced in the dark. Make sure it is non-toxic and safe for use.
- Carefully add 3 table spoons of the glow in the dark paint.
- In a separate cup, dissolve 2 teaspoons of the borax in hot water and stir until all the borax is dissolved.
- using a teaspoon slowly add the borax water into the paint solution. Stir continuously as you slowly add the borax water.
- Be patient as you stir and do not pour all the borax water at once into the mixture. Add teaspoon by teaspoon as you mix until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer the slime onto a counter top and knead using your hands for a few minutes.
- By now the consistency should be perfect.
- Store the slime in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
This is a simple method of making glow in the dark slime if you are not able to access the glow-in-the-dark paint.
What You will need;
- Standard highlighter,
- Elmer’s Glue,
- Plastic or glass container,
- Latex gloves,
- Mixing bowl,
- Needle-nose pliers,
- Craft sticks,
- Jar (with lid).
- Heat the water until it is hot
- Use the pliers to remove the ink tube from inside the highlighter.
- Also pull out the felt writing tip
- Take the ink tube and the felt writing tip and immerse in the water for approximately 5 hours.
- The ink will saturate the solution and use the gloves to remove the highlighter pieces and discard them.
- The saturated solution will act as the glow water.
- Proceed to make the normal slime.
- Mix one cup of glow water with the Elmer’s glue. Note that you will need to adjust the quantities depending on how much slime you want to make.
- Stir the mixture using a spatula.
- Add the remaining glow water to the jar and add borax. Use a teaspoon to stir until the borax completely dissolves.
- You can also shake the jar to fasten the dissolving process.
- Pour the contents of the jar into a mixing bowl and use your hands to blend the slime with the borax mixed with glow water
- Continue to knead until you get a consistent slime of your desired texture. It should be less wet and slimy.
- Your glow in the dark slime is ready for use, and remember it will only glow under dark light.
- Remember to store it in an air-tight container.
The last method is a bit complicated therefore the kids should make it under adult supervision.